Find us on Google+

7.04.2012

The Amazing Spiderman Logo


The piece was done in Adobe Illustrator CS5.  I was browsing through fonts and saw one based on the Amazing Spiderman, so I decided that it would be cool to make one of my own name in the Spiderman theme.

I was intrigued by the new Spiderman movie, even though I haven't seen it, I am an admirer of the pre-movie Spiderman.  I had the pleasure to even work on a Spiderman: The Movie computer game while at Activision.


I downloaded the font the_amazing_spider_man from Dafont.com.  The uppercase letters are solid and the lowercase letters have a white fill with a black border.  I took the font, aligned it to the right, and added a Warp Envelope Arc with various settings.  Then I re-sized it as best I could.

I added a spider from the Nature Symbols palette, re-sized it, rotated it, and then positioned it to the left of the text.  I wanted it big, and since it was a nice vector graphic, it would look good no matter what size.

Next I wanted a web, I looked for one in the symbols pallets but I could not find one so I decided to make one myself.  I just drew one vertical and one horizontal line, then I grouped and copy and pasted it on top, then rotated it and re-positioned it on the center of the other line.  I then drew three circles of increasing sizes. 

I then selected and grouped the circles, added a Pucker Effect to it which gave it the curved web look.  then I added a Brush Stroke to the web so that it would look more natural.

I had the web and text on separate layers with the text turned off while I worked on the web.  Now that the web was done, I turned the text back on.  I placed the text layer on the top and realized that the text on top would get lost in the graphics below.  So a typical thing I do is to add a white border behind the text to separate it from the graphics below.


The spider was placed on top, so with three different layers of art, I hope it does not appear completely flat, but has some depth without having to try too hard.


When I started out, I mean to do a tutorial, but this ended up being a 30 minute piece.  I took the 30 minutes and edited down to about 1 minute and 30 seconds.  The edit job was very rough.  I am still trying to figure out a good format.

I will redo the video when I have the time.  I have a much better understanding how things work now.  I will also be adding in sound and voice over with subtitles.

1 comment:

  1. Hi your blog is good but it can be better. No hard feelings! This is just my personal opinion. You have to stand out among millions of online writers who are blogging like crazy, uploading articles every micro-second. There are wonderful tips for freelancers who gain by getting `online noticed’ – in other words `web visible’. Check out sell logo design , earn money online from home websites. They offer the best hints on great blog writing.

    ReplyDelete