Find us on Google+

6.17.2012

Illustrator Tutorial 1: Fun with Fonts

http://screencast.com/t/hZhbSKMjT7Q

The one problem with Jing is that it saves in a Flash format and I can't upload it to YouTube, so you have to click the link above.  I'll have to switch programs for video captures.

This is my first Tutorial, well not my first, but my first in this format.

It is for people who know how to install a program like Illustrator, but otherwise would not use it.

This is for non-professionals who just want to make a flyer for a Church bulletin, a local club, or anything else that you do.

It's really for people who art Artphobes and refuse to touch Illustrator or anything that has to do with art.

It isn't about drawing better than someone else or drawing the Mona Lisa, it's about having fun and expressing yourself.

I am sure some people would like to be able to make LoLCatz photos.  It isn't that hard.  It really can be done in a few minutes.

Most of the time is in the uploading and sharing.

These are very basic things you can do.  When you can do the simple stuff, you'll find with a little exploration how much there is that can be done.

I hope to help people explore Illustrator.

I want to show people that Illustrator should not be intimidating the way it is, but instead should be inviting and easy to use.

It is really a lot of fun once you see what it can do and how much time it can save.

My favorite part about Illustrator is that it can take someone who isn't an artist and give them something that looks presentable.

No comments:

Post a Comment